Tag Archives: House paint

未完成の家 Our Incomplete House

すでに春真っ盛りです。 Spring is already in full swing.

雪が降って一度死んでしまったけど、復活したバタフライブッシュと黄色いデイジー。 Butterfly bush and yellow daisies. The daisies died when it snowed, but they came back to life.
咲き始めたばかりのウチワサボテン The Prickly Pear cactus Just started blooming.
Desert Bird of Paradiseももうすぐ花が咲きそうです。その向こうのスパニッシュブルームはすでに真っ盛り。 Desert Bird of Paradise will soon be in bloom. Behind it, the Spanish broom is already in full bloom.
デルフィニウムも元気。 Very healthy Delphinium.

ということで、家のペンキ塗り替えをしました。この家は築20年だそうで、4年前に購入した時にはすでに塗り替えが必要な時でした。 So we painted the house. The house is 20 years old, and when we bought it 4 years ago, it was already in need of a fresh coat of paint.

同じ色を塗り替えただけなのに新品の家になったみたいです。気持ちいい! It’s like a brand new house even though we just painted it the same color as before. It feels good!

私たちの家はこの火山のような噴水を中心に、渦巻くように丸く立っています。 そんな曲線美が気に入って購入しました。この中心も綺麗になって、家が花と一緒に春を楽しんでいるみたい。 Our house stands in a swirling circle around this volcanic fountain. We bought it because we like such curving beauty. This center is now beautiful, too, and it looks like the house is enjoying spring with the flowers.

ただ、砂漠地帯ということもあり、修理が常に必要です。そして修理し始めると、またさらに別の問題が浮上して、ますます修理することになったりします。 However, being in a desert area, repairs are always needed. And when we start repairing one thing, other problems surface and we end up repairing more and more.

このパティオの大きくカーブしたヒサシが水害で剥がれてきました。作り替え必要となり、家の塗装工事も90%完成で、後の10%はもう少し待つ必要がありそうです。 The large curved eave over this patio is pealing off due to water damage. It needs to be rebuilt, so the house painting is 90% complete, with the remaining 10% needing to wait a little longer.

ところで、一昨年スタートしたバスルームのリモデルですが、99%完成。1%は未だにコントラクター待ちという「いつまで待てる?」ゲームみたいな世界です。 By the way, the bathroom remodel we started the year before last is 99% complete, with 1% still waiting for a contractor. It’s a waiting game.

焦らず気長に待ちますが、このヒサシもそんなことにならないようにポジティブに待ちます。 I will wait patiently, but I will wait positively so that this eave project will not be like the bathroom project.